Match Report

 St Catherines 4  Gweedore Utd 1                Sunday 4/9/11

St. Catherine's played host to Gweedore Utd on the opening day of the Donegal League in Emerald.  The Saints started the game brighter and created a couple of chances but they did not take them and then in the fifteen minute were made to pay for not taken them chances when Gweedore took the lead when a ball was played through and it was put in the net to make the score 1.0.  In the twenty seventh minute the Saints were awarded a penalty when Shane Molloy was fouled in the box, but Daniel Breslin took the penalty but he saw it tipped on to the bar by the Gweedore keeper and they cleared the ball away to safety.  Barry Cannon hit the post for the Saints with a shot on thirty seven minutes.  Just on the stroke of half time the Saints drew level when Shane Molloy crossed the ball in and Barry Cannon was there with a fine herder to make the score 1.1 at half time.  The second half started  Gweedore had a couple of chances but they came to nothing.  In the sixty first minute a cross into the box was meet by Jason Noctor who headed the ball into the net to put the Saints 2.1 up.  Then in the sixty fifth minute  a long kick from the Saints keeper and Barry Cannon raced on to the ball and put it in the net to make the score 3.1 to Saints and in the last couple of minutes a through ball was played and Barry Cannon raced on to it and scored to complete his hatrick and make the final score 4.1 to the Saints. 
Best for the Saints was Barry Cannon Team Performance from Gweedore Utd.

Dunlewey Celtic 2  St Catherines 7               Sunday 12/9/11

Hurricane Kathia came early Gweedore as it was the wind and rain that were the winners of today's encounter between Dunlwey and St. Catherines.  It was the visitors who started the brighter with the aid of a strong wind and they took the lead with Paul murrin and Daniel Breslin getting on the score sheet.  The home team got to grips with the visitors storm and the storm that surrounded them.  As the first half was comming close the visitors got another two goals from Ryan Mc Neilis and Conor Blain.  The home side now with the wind at their back began to peg back the visitors but as they attacked it left gaps at the back and Conor O' Rourke took full advantage to make it five goals to nil to the killybegs team.  The home side got one back from a Joe sheehy penalty but it wasn't long long before Conor O' Rourke got his second and St. Catherines added another to reach the seven mark.  The last goal of the game came from Brendan McGeady who scored a wonderful free into the top corner.

Team performance form Dunlewey Celtic, Best for St. Catherine's was Shane Molloy. 

St Catherines 8  Cappry 1                     Sunday 18/9/11 

St. Catherine's opened the scoring again Cappry  on thirty two minutes when a David Conwell free kick was Headed across the box by Daniel Breslin and there was conor blain to put the ball into the net to make it 1.0 to the Saints.  The Saints went 2.0 up going into the half time break when Conor Blain played the ball through to Daniel Breslin and he scored with a neat finish.  The Saints started the 2nd half well with Paul Murrin just shooting over the bar from close, In the fifty seventh minute Shane O Rourke cross from the right and there was  Daniel Breslin to put the ball in the net to make the score 3.0 to the Saints. In the sixty first minute it was the same men again linking up with Shane o Rourke crossing and there was Daniel Breslin to rise above the defender and  head it in to the net to complete his hatrick and to make it 4.0.  Barry Cannon then got on the score sheet for the Saints on the fifty seventh minute when he ran on to a through ball and scored, to make it 5.0.  In the sixty fifty minute Shane O Rourke played a great ball over the top off the Cappry defence and there was Conor O Rourke to run on to it and put it into the net and put the Saints 6.0 up.  Cappry hit the bar 77 mins with a shot.  Barry Cannon  scored again on seventy seven minutes when he cut inside and bent ball into top corner of the net to make it 7.0.  Cappry got on the score when Brendan Mc Laughlin got a volley from inside the box to make the score 7.1. Barry Cannon completed his hatrick when on eighty five minutes after some good work from Conor Blain to make the final score 8.1.  
A good Team Performance from St. Catherine's, Best for Cappry were, Lee Gallagher, Gareth Patton.

Curragh Athletic 0  St. Catherines 2        Sunday  25/9/11

St. Catherines collected all three points from their trip to killygordan when they came out on top in a decent game played in difficult conditions.  The first half hour was very even with both goalkeeprs pulling off some good saves before Daniel Breslin opened the scoring on 31 minutes.  The second half was a similar afair with the home team tyring to get an equaliser, but as it turned out, it was the away side who scored again when a corner taken by Stephen Leslie somehow managed to find its way into the net.

St. Catherines 4  Arranmore 1              Sunday 2/10/11

St. Catherines got all the points against Arranmore.  The Saints took the lead in the 16th minute from a Stephen Leslie cross and there was Shane O Rourke to score to make the score 1.0 to the Saints.  On 18th minutes the teams were level when the visitors scored from inside the box.  The Saints took the lead in the 57th minute when they were awaraded a penalty when Paul Murrin was fouled in the box, jason Noctor took the spot kick and scored to make it 2.1 to the Saints.  On 63 minutes the visitors had a shot that just went wide.  On 69 minutes the Saints went 3.1 up when Shane Molloy scored from close range afther the keeper spilled the ball.  In the 65th minute the Saints went further a head when Shane O Rourke scored from a Stephen Leslie corner.  

Best for St. Catherines was Shane Molloy, Team performance from Arranmore.

Convoy Arsenal 2  St. catherines 2  Sunday 9/10/11

St. Catherine's started the brightest and almost took the lead after ten minuteswhen they struck the post after a quick attack and a goalmouth scramble.  Two minutes later Convoy had a great chance to take the lead after the St. catherine's keeper misjudged a through ball but Ryan carlin could only shoot over from a tight angle.  Both teams created decent chances in the following fifteen minutes with numerous coners conceded bt both teams.  On thirty five minutes Convoy went ahead when Ryan carlin converted a corner from six yards with an acrobaatic finish.  Convoy went in at half time with a one goal advantage after an enteraining half of football.  On fifty two minutes Convoy doubled theri lead when Ryan carlin scored his second of the game with a curling effort into the top corner of the net after a surging run forward from left back Luke Karkin.  St. Catherine's upped their game after that and created a number decent chances which they failed to convert.  On seventy minutes the pressure almost paid off when the away side hit the cross bar after Convoy failed to clear a dangerous corner.  After seventty five minutes St. Catherine's again struck the cross bar from a corner kick and on eighty minutes the pressure finally paid off when Barry Cannon scored with a strike from twenty five yards.  With six minutes of added time played Convoy conceded a penalty while trying to clear their lines and the penalty was cooly converted by Charles Smith to level the scores. 

Ref: Ed Moore.   

St. Catherines 5  Raphoe Town 2       Sunday 23/10/11

St. Catherine's played against Raphoe Town in Emerald and it was the Saints that took the lead in the 15th minute when Paul Murrin scored from the edge of the box to make the score 1.0.  Both teams created chances and the Saints were lucky not to double there lead when Conor Blain hit the bar with a great shot. Raphoe then started to press the Saints defence and just on the 44th minute Raphoe got on level terms when a ball played through and the Saints keeper came out and slipped and the Raphoe player rolled the ball into an empty net to make the score 1.1. The Saints went straight down the field an got a free kick which Stephen Leslie took and there was Shane O Rourke at the post to put the ball into the net to make the score 2.1 to the Saints at half time.  Raphoe started well in the 2nd half but the Saints were given a penalty in the 56th minute for a foul in the box, and Charles Smith stepped up and cooly converted the spot kick to make it 3.1 to the Saints.  Raphoe then got another goal back when they cut inside and shoot from the edge of the box to make the score 3.2.  Raphoe pushed hard to try and get the equaliser but could not find it, then on 73rd minute the Saints were giving a free and Shane O Rourke took it and scored from about 20 yards out to make the score 4.2.  In the final minute of the game the Saints were awarded there 2nd penalty of the game after Conor O rourke was fouled in the box, and up stepped that man again Charles Smith and he made no mistake to score his penalty and made the final score 5.2 to the Saints. 

St. Catherines 1  Dunkineely Celtic 0      Sunday 30/10/11

St. Catherines and Dunkineely played in Emerald Park in the Ulster Cup, both teams started the game well and both teams created chances but neither team could not take advantage of the chances they had created. The Saints went close when they had a shot that just went wide. Both teams went into the half time break on level terms. The second half started with both of the teams trying to get on the score sheet but could not find the net. Dunkineely went close but the Saints keeper made a good save. Then with only 10 minutes to go the Saints then got a corner and Conor O Rourke swing the ball in and there was Shane O Rourke rose the highest in the air to put the Saints 1.0 up. The Saints nearly doubled there lead from another corner but Conor Blain's header went just over the bar. Dunkineely tried to push hard to get the equaliser but they could not find the net. Best for the Saints was, Stephen Leslie and Conor Mc Ginty, best for Dunkineely was Alistair Rodgers. 

St. Catherines 1  Rathmullin Celtic 2        Sunday 13/11/11

 St. Catherines played Rathmullan Celtic in Emerald on Sunday in a top of the table clash. The Saints began the game the brighter, creating a couple of chances but they were unable to convert any of them.  Rathmullan then began to come into the game and started to make chances for themselves, but the Saints defence kept them at bay.  Both of the teams went into the break on level terms.  The Saints went close just after the restart when Michael Mullin had a shot that just went wide of the post.  Then in the 55th minute Rathmullan were awarded a penalty for a foul in the box, which Eoin Sheridan stepped up and he scored and put Rathmullin 1.0 up.  The Saints were not behind for long, cause in the 58th minute from a corner played into the Rathmullin box there was Daniel Breslin to score for the Saints to make it 1.1.  The Saints had a couple of good chances to get a another goal but could not take them, then in the 87th minute Rathmullin were awarded a free kick which went into the Saints box and after a good save from the Saints keeper the ball rebounded to a Rathmullan player who but the ball into the net to make the final score 2.1 to Rathmullin.  Best for the Saints Shane Molloy, Shane O Rourke, Best for Rathmullin Eoin Sheridan. 

St. Catherines 10   Convoy Arsenal FC 0   11/12/11

St. Catherines played against Convoy Arsenal in Emerald, the Saints raced into the lead on 3 minutes when a cross field ball from Shane O Rourke was meet by Ryan Farrell who put the ball into the roof of the net to make the score 1.0 to the Saints. Then on 10 minutes the Saints doubled there lead from a corner that Shane Molloy got a flick on and it went into the net to make it 2.0 to the Saints.  On 13 mins the Saints got another corner and Stephen took it and there was Shane O Rourke to put the ball into the net and make it 3.0.  In the 32 minutes Conor Blaine got the ball and beat a couple of defenders and slotted the ball into the net to make the score 4.0 to the Saints at half time.  The Saints started the 2nd half as they started the first with an early gaol cause on 49 minutes Barry Cannon shot from the edge of the box to make it 5.0.  On 53 minutes Conor Blaine got the ball at the edge of the box and he shot and it went into the bottom corner of the net to make the score 6.0 to the Saints.  In the 78 minute cross from Ryan Mc Neilis was meet by the head of Shane Molloy to put it into the net to make it 7.0.  It was Ryan Mc Neilis who set up another goal when he hit a cross field pass on to Barry Cannon into the box and he slotted he ball into the net to make it 8.0.  In the 78 minute Barry Cannon scored again with a shot to make it 9.0.  Then in the 82 minute Shane Molloy scored with a shot from outside the box to make it 10.0. 

Gweedore United 0  St. Catherines 5      15/1/12

This game played in terrific conditions at Carrickboyle seen the men from Killybegs claim  all three points in what turned out to be a comfortable win for them.  In the 11th minute Shane O Rourke put the Saints 1 up when he headed a well delivered corner past Keller in the United net.  In the remainder of the half the Carrickboyle men defended well as Catherines played neat football with their best chances falling to Jason Noctor and Conor Blaine, however it remained 1.0 until half time. Three minutes into the second half Shane Molloy made it 2.0 to the visitors when he headed a well delivered Shane O Rourke cross to the back of the net.  In the 65th minutte Barry Cannon got the 3rd  for Catherines when a defensive error fell to him and he  lobbed Keller ending any chance of a come back from Gweedore.  Catherines got their fourth in the 80th minute when Barry Cannon finished well.  The fifth goal came in the 90th minute with Gerry Mc Cabe slotting home.  
A good team performance by St. Catherines. Jonathan Harkin, Brian Gallagher and Frank Mc Gee played well for Gweedore Utd. 

St. Catherines 0 Curragh Athletic 1            22/1/12

St Catherines played hosts to Curragh Athletic in Emerald Park on Sunday, the Saints started the the sharper and in the 14th minute Conor Blaine had a great chance to put the Saints in front when he was played through he chipped the ball over the on rushing Curragh keeper but his shot just went wide off the post.  The Saints then had another great chance to take the lead this time Shane O Rourke headed over the bar from the the back post.  In the 36th minute Conor O Rourke saw his glancing header hit the bar and go over, Curragh created a couple of half chances that lead to nothing, the scores remained level at half time.  The 2nd half started with both teams trying to get on the score sheet and then in the 49th minute Curragh broke into the Saints box and cut the ball back and there was Shane Barkley who was there to receive the cut back and he hit a sweet shot that went into the bottom corner of the Saints net to put Curragh 1.0 up. The Saints had a couple a great chances to get level but they just could not take their chances when they arrived. In the final couple of minutes the Saints pushes hard to try and get the goal to get them level but it would not not come for them, and it ended 1.0 to Curragh. Team Performance from both teams.

St. Catherines 1  Culdaff FC 2                Sunday 29/1/12

St Catherines played Culdaff in the Ulster Cup in an entering game of football  in Emerald Park.  Both of the teams started the game brightly and it was the Saints that nearly went in front on 21 mins  when Conor O Rourke chipped the Culdaff keeper but just as he thought it was going into the net the keeper made a brilliant save to tip the ball over the bar.  Culdaff started to get a couple of chances but they came to nothing, in the 30th min they got a free kick outside the box and it was well hit but the Saints keeper tipped it round the post. Then in the 40th minute the Saints were awarded a penalty when Conor O Rourke was fouled in the box and the Saints were given a penalty to which Charles Smith stepped up and cooly sent the Culdaff keeper the wrong way to put the Saints 1.0 up.  In the 44th minute the Culdaff nearly got level when a ball across the Saints penalty area was meet by an on rushing Culdaff player but his shot was saved by the Saints keepers leg.  On the 45th minute Stephen Leslie had a shot for the Saints that went wide of the post to leave to score line 1.0 to the Saints at half time. The 2nd began with Culdaff starting the sharper and in the 49th minute they were on level terms when after some good play in the Saints penalty area they had a shot which was saved by Shane O Gara but the rebound fell to the Culdaff player who tucked the ball into the net to make the score 1.1.  In the 60th minute the Saints keeper made a good save from a close range shot.  In the 64th minute the Saints got a corner to which David Conwell got his head to the ball but it went just wide of the goals.  In the 66th minute Culdaff were awarded a penalty when Shane O Gara brought the Culdaff player in the box to which they scored the resulting penalty to make the score 2.1 to Culdaff. The Saints then pushed hard to try and get back on level terms but they could not find the the goal they were looking for, so the score line finished 2.1 to Culdaff. Team Performance from both teams.  

St. Catherines 2  Donegal Town 0          12/2/12

St. Catherines played host to Donegal Town in Emerald in an entering game, it was the Saints that started the game the better and had a couple of chances and then in the 12th minute a cross by Stephen Leslie and there was Jason Noctor to rise above the Donegal defenders to head the ball into the net to make the score 1.0 to the Saints. Donegal then began to start and get into the game and began to create a couple of chances of there own but they just could not find a goal,  Shane O Rourke had a shot that was saved by the Donegal keeper,  so the score remained 1.0 to the Saints at half time.   The 2nd half began and in the 52nd minute Shane Molloy had a headed chance for the Saints that just went over the bar.  Donegal had a chance in the 57th minute that just went wide of the Saints goals, Donegal created chances but they could not take them as the Saints defence was strong,  In the 72 nd minute the Saints were awarded a free kick and Shane O Rourke stepped up and put the ball into the Donegal net from about 20 yards to make the score 2.0 to the Saints.  Donegal still pushed hard to try and score but they could just not find the net, the Saints had a couple of half chances but they came to nothing to leave the final score 2.0 to the Saints.  St. Catherines would like to wish the Donegal Town keeper a speedy recovery from the injury he sustained.  

Arranmore United 3  St. Catherines 2           26/2/12

Arranmore had a brilliant victory on Sunday against title chasing St. Catherines.  In the first half the visitors were slightly the better side.  Frankie Early in the Arranmore goals made a few nice saves.  On the stroke of halk of halk time Arranmore got their noses in front when the refree allowed a great advantage which allowed Daniel Boner to unselfishly set up Shane Elliot to slot home his first goal for the club.  On 50 minutes the home side doubled their advantage when a great delivery from Benny Mc Garvey was met by the head of Daniel O' Donnell.  On 55 minutes St. Catherines pulled one back when Jason Noctor headed home following a corner.  Arranmore promptly regained a two goal advantage following great play involving Paul Mc Garvey and Shane Elliot which set up the tireless Garry McGhee to finish neatly in the corner.  However St. ctherines would not lie down and pulled one back when a shot come cross from Steven Leslie found its way to the back of the net.  The visitors went all out for an equaliser and had the chance chance on 80 minutes when Martin Mc Garvey was penalised for handball.  Frankie Early made a brilliant save from the resulting to deny Charles Smith.   


Check-in Date:

Check-out Date: